1 cup oats
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
2 Tbsp maple syrup
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
By Caroline L. Young, MS, RD, LD, RYT
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread oats onto baking pan, and toast for 5 to 10 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- To a blender, add peanut butter, toasted oats, cranberries, maple syrup, coconut flakes, salt and Chia seeds, and blend until well combined. Mixture will seem dry.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop heaping Tbsp of mixture and shape into a ball. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, to make 20-22 bites.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and freezer for two months.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories from Fat: 130
Fat: 15 g
Trans fats: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 16 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 170 mg