Ingredients2 chopped, frozen bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup frozen sweet cherries without sugar added
By Sherry Coleman Collins, MS, RDN, LD
- Add chopped bananas to food processor and blend until bananas resemble rice.
- Add peanut butter and blend until mixture begins to look smooth and fluffy. This should happen quickly.
- Add in frozen cherries and pulse 2-4 times.
- Pour into bowl or glass and serve.
- Optional: Top pup-parent portion only with chopped chocolate.
Pup-Parent Nutrition Information*:
Calories from Fat: 300
Fat: 33.3 g
Trans fats: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Carbohydrate: 48.5 g
Protein: 15.9 g
Fiber: 6.9 g
Sodium: 274 mg
*without optional chopped chocolate
Disclaimer: Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the nutritional needs of your pet. Ingredients that should not be consumed by dogs are noted. Do not feed these treats as more than 10% of the dog's diet. These are not complete foods and should be enjoyed only as a celebratory treat and are not meant to replace your dog’s daily diet. Substitutions are not recommended. Avoid using peanut butter with Xylitol, a sugar substitute that is toxic to dogs.