Institution:Oklahoma State University
Project Fiscal Year:2017
Report Received Date:
Project NPB Budget:$4,353
• Levels of soilborne diseases such as Sclerotinia blight and pod rot were low in 2017.
• Foliar diseases such as early leaf spot and web blotch, and the soilborne disease southern blight (Sclerotium rolfsi/1 were severe in 2017.
• Control of early leaf spot and web blotch resulted in yield responses of 1,000 to 1,500 pounds per acre.
• Miravis, an experimental fungicide that is anticipated to be registered for use on peanuts in 2018, provided superior control of foliar diseases, but required tank mixing with Elatus for control of southern blight.
• Of the commercially available peanut varieties, the runner variety Lariat and the Spanish variety Ole were the most resistant to Sclerotinia blight, while Georgia 09B and Jupiter were the most susceptible.
• The fungicides Miravis + Elatus provided control of Sclerotinia blight equivalent to Omega or Endura, although disease pressure was low.