Institution:Oklahoma State University
Project Fiscal Year:2016
Report Received Date:
Project NPB Budget:$4,577
• Levels of soilborne diseases such as Sclerotinia blight, southern blight and pod rot were low in 2016.
• Fungicide seed treatments increased stand establishment and yields by about 3,000 pounds per acre.
• Early leaf spot was severe and control of early leaf spot resulted in yield responses of 1,000 to 1,500 pounds per acre.
• Of the available high O/L peanut varieties, Lariat, Ole and Red River Runner were the most resistant to Sclerotinia blight, while Georgia 098 and Flavor Runner 458 were the most susceptible.
• While disease pressure was low, the breeding lines A??SOK-V31, ARSOK-R35, and ARSOK-588-2 had low levels of Sclerotinia blight in both treated and untreated plots.