Institution:Oklahoma State University
Project Fiscal Year:2013
Report Received Date:
Project NPB Budget:$5,550
• The new fungicides Fontelis® and MCW 710 provided excellent leaf spot and southern blight control, resulting in yield responses of more than 1,000 lbs/ A on Spanish peanuts.
• Two fungicides recently registered for peanuts (Fontelis® and Propulse®) did not have consistent activity against Sclerotinia blight when applied alone or in alternation with each other compared to Omega® and Endura®.
• Under low pressure from Sclerotinia blight, the varieties Florida-07 and Red River Runner produced the highest yields and crop value ($/ A).
• Runner (ARSOK-R30) and Spanish (ARSOK-S140-1 OL) breeding lines from the USDA/ ARS breeding program showed excellent resistance to Sclerotinia blight, and had the highest yields and grades.
• Calendar (six applications) and weather-based (three applications) programs increased yields of Spanish peanuts by more than 1,000 lbs/ A where early leafspot was severe.