For the Chili:
- 2 lb ground turkey
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes (28oz)
- 15 oz can light red kidney beans (Drained)
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans (Drained)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt (more/less depending on preference)
For 6 PB sandwiches:
- 12 slices of thick cut brioche-style bread
- 6 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 6 tsp butter
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add in onions, peppers, and garlic. Brown on medium-high until vegetables become soft and tender.
- Add in Ground turkey and brown meat until it is ¾ of the way cooked. Add in tomato paste and reduce heat to medium.
- Next add in the can of crushed tomatoes, and both cans of kidney beans.
- Add in all seasonings listed, and stir well. Cover with a lid and allow the chili to simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add in 1 tsp of butter.
- Assemble PB sandwich, add it to the pan and spread the remaining 1 tsp of butter to the side of the sandwich facing up. This will ensure a crispy edge on both sides of the sandwich.
- Cook on both sides for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Be sure to slice diagonally and dip in your chili. Enjoy!
Saturated Fat: 19.5g