School’s out for summer, which means that the kids need a good breakfast to keep them energized for the long days playing out in the sun. Here are our top 5 power-packed breakfast recipes with peanuts and peanut butter to help your kids power through their daytime activities:
- Protein Powered Breakfast Cookies – As if they’re not already excited that schools out, they’ll flip when you serve them cookies for breakfast! And with 7 grams of protein per serving, they’ll have the power they need to keep them moving all morning.
- Peanut Butter Apple Spice Oats – Skip the cold cereal, and serve up some delicious oatmeal with apples, bananas and peanut butter! It’s got the protein and fiber they need to keep them feeling full.
- Funky Monkey Muffins – Chocolate for breakfast – your kids might wonder if they’ve woken up in bizzaro world. We recommend using whole wheat pastry flour for this recipe, so at least they won’t know that it’s also nutritious.
- Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter Smoothies – For an easy way to start the day, try this ice-cold smoothie recipe that ties together the flavor of chocolate, cherries and peanut butter. It’s also great for a mid-day snack to keep the kids full, and cool them off.
- Peanut Butter Power Bar – This oat bar recipe is sure to please. Packed with peanuts, peanut butter, and chia seeds, it’s got the protein and fiber they need for fun and adventure.
With these breakfast recipes, your kids can start their summer mornings off with the protein they need for energy. And with so many delicious and sweet options, they’ll keep asking for them well past the start of the new school year. Check out our recipes section for other ways to incorporate the plant-based protein of peanuts into your family’s meals.