This January, the National Peanut Board (NPB) will be at the center of the latest flavor trends and hottest products in specialty food at the 2020 Winter Fancy Food Show (WFFS) in San Francisco. More than 80,000 products will be on display January 19 through the 21st at the Moscone Center downtown.
Last year, Americans consumed over 386 billion snacks according to a future of snacking report by NPD Group – which predicts that consumers will continue to look for more snacks that are portable, protein-packed but offer unique flavor combinations to keep things interesting. In fact, Mintel data predicts that over the next 10 years, consumers will be using personal data to customize their nutritional needs – and food companies will be the facilitators helping consumers take their journey to a healthier lifestyle. As part of that journey, companies will need to anticipate needs in future and current product development.
Thankfully, for the food industry, peanuts present an all-in-one solution for these increasingly important market demands and serve as a natural complement to many new snack-category offerings. Attendees to the Winter Fancy Food Show can expect to see examples of trendy peanut snack products at the NPB exhibit, Booth #435:
- Hubs Virginia Peanuts will be displaying their newest product, Happy Hour Hubs Mix, which launched last November.
- Dateables – will be launching the world’s first spreadable, shareable and portable superfood product – a date and peanut butter spread.
- Bamba – sample tastings of the baked snack will be available during the show. The puff contains 50% peanuts, enriched in vitamins and iron and free of preservatives and food coloring.
- Crazy Richards Peanut Butter – bite-sized samples of Wholly Rollies frozen protein balls, a new freezer section category product launch, will be distributed during the show.
- Hampton Farms will highlight their latest peanut butter grinder with samples of freshly ground peanut butter.