Institution:Oklahoma State University
Project Fiscal Year:2013
Report Received Date:
Project NPB Budget:$9,500
• A total of 21 breeding lines and reference cultivars (11 Runner, four Spanish and six Virginia) were evaluated. All advanced breeding lines were high oleic.
• Environmental conditions in 2013 were favorable for both Sclerotinia and southern blights, but more Sclerotinia blight was observed than southern blight. The field also was infested with root-knot and lesion nematodes.
• The top three Runner entries in revenue and yield were ARSOK-R37 ($545/A, 3,468 lbs/A), ARSOK-R35 ($530/A, 3,401 lbs/A) and ARSOK-R60A ($513/A, 3,388 lbs/A). ARSOK-R35 also was among the Runner entries most resistant to Sclerotinia blight.
• The Spanish entries did not differ statistically in yield or grade, but ARSOK-S140-1 OL had the greatest crop value ($439/A) and yield (3,001 lbs/A). ARSOK-S140-1OL, in addition to Tamnut OL06, had the least Sclerotinia blight. ARSOK-S140-1OL will be released as "Ole" in 2014.
• The Virginia breeding line, ARSOK-V41, had the highest crop value ($609/A), grade
(74) and a large proportion of extra-large kernels (63 percent). GA11J and ARSOK-V31 were most resistant to pod rot.