Project Fiscal Year:2013
Report Received Date:
Project NPB Budget:$84,016
• Peanut acreage decreased from 2012 from 104,995 to 78,225 harvested acres.
• ~ 78% Virginias and 22% runners with potential of more runners being grown in the future
• Extremely cool and wet through most of growing season. Some areas in South Carolina received more than 45 inches of rain in the months of June, July, and August.
• Extended planting season from Mid-April to Late June due to environmental conditions.
• Yields were below average(+/- 150 lbs per acre) for the state but Grades were 1 to 2 points better than normal with higher overall ELK percentages.
• Disease pressure was lower in 2013 than in previous years