Healthy meals don’t mean chefs or diners have to sacrifice flavorful or enjoyable food. Peanuts and peanut butter pair nutritional benefits and flavor perfectly. Peanut butter is America’s favorite flavor, and there’s a 90 percent chance that any U.S. household has at least one jar of it in the pantry.
- Peanuts provide more energy-boosting protein than any nut—7 grams per serving.
- With more than 30 vitamins and nutrients, peanuts are a Superfood.
- Peanuts are a good source of fiber and good fats, proven to keep you fuller longer.
- Peanuts add nutrition, crunch and a great flavor that people love.
- Include chopped peanuts in salads such as Cucumber Peanut Salad and Masala Slaw to add crunch, good fats and protein.
- Blend peanut butter or peanut flour into batter for pancakes or waffles to add richness and filling fiber.
- Top a meat or non-meat burger with chile peanut barbecue sauce for a deeper flavor and extra vitamins.
- Make it easier to enjoy dessert with a pound cake made with healthy peanut flour, gluten-free and packed with protein and peanutty flavor.
Image courtesy of No. 7 Sub restaurant in New York City.